Organization: Arkansas Festival and Events Association
Responsible to: Board of Directors
Salary: $12,500/Year (Based on average of 20 hours per week) with bonuses available upon level of performance. Paid bi-weekly.
The mission of the Arkansas Festival and Event Association is to provide leadership and support to our members, the festivals and events industry of Arkansas.
AFEA seeks an individual that can demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of vendors, festivals, and project volunteers. An eye for detail and finely honed planning skills are essential as you will develop, negotiate, organize and deliver services to an expanding membership.
- Shall be responsible for Board support.
- Keep an average of (20) work hours per week
- Set office hours to be decided by Executive Director
- Notify Board Members concerning meeting dates.
- Shall prepare agenda as directed by Board President
- Shall maintain record of all meeting minutes after recorded by board secretary
- Shall be Ex-Officio member of all Boards and Committees
- Supporting strategic businessandcommunity relationships with various agencies, members, and associations.
- Communicate effectively with members, direct communication with each member twice per year
- Attend a minimum of (4) AFEA members festivals/events per year and maintain direct contact with festival/event coordinator
- Shall handle all correspondence for Association.
- Shall handle telephone and e-mail correspondence within twenty-four (24) hours
- Develop and distribute a quarterly e-newsletter
- Maintain website
- Develop Facebook Page and other social media as necessary
- Shall maintain Membership Data Base.
- Work with Financial Coordinator to maintain financial records
- Make public Presentations as necessary
- Develop and implement sponsorship strategies.
- Plan, coordinate, and attend Annual Conference
- Responsible for all fund raising events.
- Shall be responsible for the day-to–day operations and represent the Association at various state, local, and regional events
- Occasional overtime and working weekends and unsocial hours will be required especially during events.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects from conception to delivery
- An understanding of community development and a commitment to community engagement.
- An ability to think strategically and to plan accordingly.
- Action oriented, self-motivated with a commitment to time lines, personal integrity and team success.
- Ability to accept feedback when required.
- Experience of, and comfort with, working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of setting and managing budgets.
- Experience of negotiation and of contracting artists, contractors
- Good team-working skills and networking skills with a proven ability to work collaboratively with others
- Solid administrative skills with strong computer skills
- Knowledge of volunteer recruitment, principles and management
- Strong Social Media Skills via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Demonstrated success in community engagement is essential.
- A current clean full driving license and use of own vehicle is required
Procedure for applying:
Please submit your resume and letter of application for to the Association by May 1, 2021:
P.O. Box 2737
Little Rock, AR. 72203
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible. Please state clearly in subject line Festivals and Events Executive Director (Part-time) Position remains open until suitable candidate is found.