It’s that time! Awards are open for entry for the 2019 Arkansas Festivals & Events Association (AFEA) Awards. These awards recognize outstanding examples of quality, creativity, and achievement in the festival and event industry. Winners will be announced at the 36th Annual AFEA Conference & Trade Show January 31, 2020 at the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs.
Formerly known as the ALFiE (Arkansans Love Festivals & Events) Awards, the association made the decision after the 2018 Conference to keep things more cohesive by simply naming them the AFEA Awards. This is also the first year that award entries will be done digitally through Google Forms. This process is more environmentally friendly, less expensive, and will be easier to manage for entrants and judges alike. Hooray!
RULES & OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION (Please read thoroughly)
- Festivals, events, and businesses entered for these awards MUST be a current, paid member of the Arkansas Festivals & Events Association. If you are interested in applying for an award and are not a member, please see our membership page.
- Deadline for entries is 5:00pm on December 6, 2019. No entries will be accepted after this time.
- Festivals and/or events submitted for an award must take place between the dates of January 1-December 31st 2019. (If your event is between the dates of December 6-31, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 501-350-2378 for instructions. )
- You will have to create a Google account in order for responses to be recorded.
- A separate form must be completed for each entry.
- Judging for these awards is outsourced outside of the association for fairness and to allow all festivals, events, and businesses to be eligible
- Winners are awarded in Gold, Silver & Bronze for all categories except Volunteer of the Year and Outstanding New Idea in which just one winner is selected for those categories.
- All winners will receive a framed certificate and press release. For categories of: Festival of the Year, Event of the Year, Sporting Event of the Year, and Best New Festival or Event, Gold winners will receive a banner, plaque, certificate, and an AFEA Award Winner digital seal to use for promotional purposes. Silver winners in these categories will receive a plaque, certificate, and digital seal. Gold winners for Vendor of the Year, Volunteer of the Year, and Outstanding New Idea will receive a plaque, certificate, and digital seal.
Award Form Links (Once you click on the form link, a description of each award will be at the top of the page):
2019 AFEA Social Media Campaign Award: https://forms.gle/oQu24qyFVRHKfKxw9
2019 AFEA Event Website Award:https://forms.gle/6V5Ts4XxHfVmbw2G6
2019 AFEA Event Photo Award: https://forms.gle/GV8hMjr6m46QHBm48
2019 AFEA Promotional Print Award: https://forms.gle/yiV9Gqz2wYrMtyFp7
2019 AFEA Souvenir Award: https://forms.gle/dT5FtgtgymDpg3Mp7
2019 AFEA T-shirt Award: https://forms.gle/quRAXdKEpBdXBaWV6
2019 AFEA Outstanding New Idea Award: https://forms.gle/rxpzELc9UB5Yt2i98
2019 AFEA Volunteer of the Year Award: https://forms.gle/rt5mHbQAeumN2oe46
2019 AFEA Vendor of the Year Award: https://forms.gle/zNUfgDPQtYT5LaK48
2019 AFEA Best New Festival or Event Award: https://forms.gle/BD9pkHs2qX9bNUem9
2019 AFEA Event of the Year Award: https://forms.gle/GRH8o1TGDcoUQ98u6
2019 AFEA Sporting Event of the Year Award: https://forms.gle/MNzg1pG4QNhHU7S67
2019 AFEA Festival of the Year Award: https://forms.gle/BaFVP86cAPzWZ4JD7
Good luck to all entrants! We look forward to seeing you at the 36th Annual AFEA Conference & Trade Show in January 2020.